Like I said, the GC420 series is capable of performing a lot of different applications, including:
- Manufacturing - light industrial work-in-process, product and shipping labeling.
- Transportation and Logistics - boarding tickets, bag tags and parking passes.
- Retail - price labeling, shelf marking and receipt printing.
- Healthcare - laboratory specimen and blood bank labeling.
- Post - electronic stamping and address labeling.
The new GC420 printers offer productivity enhancements that are essential for small to mid-size manufacturers, transportation and logistics businesses in addition to retail, healthcare and post. These compact printers also provide excellent value performance based on customer-proven mechanical design. They also offer flexibility to print in either thermal transfer or direct thermal mode. What's more is that they also offer powerful performance and throughput with a 32-bit processor, co-resident EPL and ZPL programming languages and triple connectivity. Other features include:
- Large 8MB memory with support for large fonts and graphics.
- Peel/Dispenser (optional).
- Energy Star compliance.
- Odometer for print length tracking and supplies management.
- Unicode for global character printing.
- ZBI 2.0 for integration, adaptation and handling of data peripherals.
Source: Market Watch - Zebra Technologies Introduces new 4-Inch Desktop Printer